Venture Hacks had this GREAT To Do List for founders. I saw it and just had to share…
- 1) Move to Silicon Valley.
- 2) Pick a great co-founder with complementary skills.
- 3) Select people with intelligence, energy and integrity.
- 4) Pick a big market.
- 5) Develop the minimum viable product to test your hypothesis about what the market needs. Preferably it’s a product that you’re passionate about since you’ll need to stick with it to an irrational point (the Internet especially is efficiently arbitraged).
- 6) Iterate like crazy until you find product/market fit. If you don’t find it, do not raise money, do not pass go. Start over.
- 7) If you have found product/market fit, raise money from high-quality people that you trust. Keep control.
- 8) Scale. Hang on.